Main Forum

Login Forums Pedagogical Network Forum Main Forum

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jodi Corbett
    Keymaster

This thread is for all Pedagogical Network participants to chat and share your experiences.

Jodi Corbett
    Keymaster

Hello everyone, how are you today?

Try to test out writing a post, replying, using the “quote” feature… I know the look of this isn’t great but we are working on it with IT to see if we can make any changes that would help the aesthetics and make it easier to read/look at.

I did figure out that, to make it so that it says who wrote the post, you have to add a “signature” on your profile. We can manually add this for people (as I did for Karyn and Kelly). Alex and Megan, see if you can add a signature to your profile.

Jodi

Jodi Corbett
    Keymaster

this is a reply to “hello how are you” message.. I have a feeling it doesn’t work the way I would like it to… test

Jodi Corbett
    Keymaster

trying again… test

Jodi Corbett
    Keymaster

[quote quote=8490]Hello everyone, how are you today?

Try to test out writing a post, replying, using the “quote” feature… I know the look of this isn’t great but we are working on it with IT to see if we can make any changes that would help the aesthetics and make it easier to read/look at.

I did figure out that, to make it so that it says who wrote the post, you have to add a “signature” on your profile. We can manually add this for people (as I did for Karyn and Kelly). Alex and Megan, see if you can add a signature to your profile.

Jodi[/quote]

this is using the quote function…

Megan Brown
    Keymaster

Hello! I have been able to get the reply function to work, but the quote function does not work for me. When i click, it does not do anything.

Megan Brown
    Keymaster

Trying the B-quote, i am trying to figure out how to get the quote function to work for me.

Megan Brown
    Keymaster

testing

Megan Brown
    Keymaster

In what ways do you see yourself as a researcher?

Megan Brown
    Keymaster

[quote quote=8494]

Hello everyone, how are you today?

Jodi

this is using the quote function…[/quote]
    I think i figured this out! Testing…

Megan Brown
    Keymaster

[quote quote=8491]this is a reply to “hello how are you” message.. I have a feeling it doesn’t work the way I would like it to… test[/quote]

This is confusing. I dont know if others find this function confusing but it is hard to follow because you have to scroll down to the bottom to find the text box to type the quote and then it has the rest of the text in the box already.

Jodi Corbett
    Keymaster

[quote quote=8509]

this is a reply to “hello how are you” message.. I have a feeling it doesn’t work the way I would like it to… test

This is confusing. I dont know if others find this function confusing but it is hard to follow because you have to scroll down to the bottom to find the text box to type the quote and then it has the rest of the text in the box already.[/quote]
    it’s weird because when you’re replying, it doesn’t go in order… it’s not great

Jodi Corbett
    Keymaster

[quote quote=8511]

This is confusing. I dont know if others find this function confusing but it is hard to follow because you have to scroll down to the bottom to find the text box to type the quote and then it has the rest of the text in the box already.

it’s weird because when you’re replying, it doesn’t go in order… it’s not great[/quote]
    I guess you have to use the quote function but the coding makes it confusing

Megan Brown
    Keymaster

[quote quote=8512]

it’s weird because when you’re replying, it doesn’t go in order… it’s not great

I guess you have to use the quote function but the coding makes it confusing[/quote]
    Yes and then it tracks the entire convo in this chat box when you are typing and it is very confusing. I wish there was more of a ‘comment’ section as opposed to this quote function. Similar to social medias where you see a post and can comment on it. Maybe that would be less confusing?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.