- This event has passed.
Food Safety Course
May 23, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The TBDSSAB is covering the cost for cooks to receive their safe food handling certification as this is an important component to providing safe and healthy child care programs. This seven-hour course¬†will provide all the basics to ensure proper safe food handling, preparation and storage including:
- How bacteria grow
- How bacteria make us sick
- Food poisoning
- Causes of food contamination
- Food allergies
- Responding to food poisoning
- Hygiene and health issues
- Safe serving and dispensing of food
- The role of the Public Health Inspector
- Food premises regulations
- Safe food handling
- Proper food temperatures
- Receiving and storing food safely
- Dishwashing methods
- Proper cleaning and sanitizing
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) Program
For more information and a poster to share with others, click¬†HERE.
The deadline to register is Friday, April 26th, 2019.
Click HERE to learn about the TBDSSAB’s COVID-19 response (opens in new tab).