- This event has passed.
Food Safety Course (Almost full)
November 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Due to the changes in regulations, the TBDSSAB is covering the cost for staff to be trained in safe food handling. The goal of this course is to help people understand what causes food poisoning and what steps to take to ensure safe food handling. This seven-hour course¬†will provide all the basics to ensure proper safe food handling, preparation and storage including:
- How bacteria grow
- How bacteria make us sick
- Food poisoning
- Causes of food contamination
- Food allergies
- Responding to food poisoning
- Hygiene and health issues
- Safe serving and dispensing of food
- The role of the Public Health Inspector
- Food premises regulations
- Safe food handling
- Proper food temperatures
- Receiving and storing food safely
- Dishwashing methods
- Proper cleaning and sanitizing
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) Program
For more information and a poster to share with others, click¬†HERE.
The deadline to register is Friday, November 8th, 2019.
Click HERE to learn about the TBDSSAB’s COVID-19 response (opens in new tab).